9/11 Memorial.

9/11 Memorial.

The new towers under construction.

IMG_1608 IMG_1605

 

Two beautiful waterfalls were constructed  on the foundation site where the twin towers used to stand. In honor of those killed during the attack, whether in the plane, in the buildings, a fire fighter trying to save lives, or in the Pennsylvania field, each person affected by this attack (close to 3,000) has his or her name etched in the marble that goes around the perimeter of both water falls.

IMG_1597

 

It was such a peaceful place. Once you stepped into the gates there was a hush over everybody there. People were rushing of course, and there was some laughter and chattering, but there was an undeniable quietness that weighed heavy on the peoples hearts. Americans ( about 15 % of us) and non americas (the remaining 85%) alike. You almost couldn’t hear any hustle of NYC just a few feet beyond on the other side of the chain link fence. I heard the beat of my own heart and little else.

IMG_1637

 

Sue and John pause for a moment. You see most people sitting, don’t you!

IMG_1614

 

Loads of people. The largest crowd I saw (besides Time Square the night before).

IMG_1638

 

And now, the new tower. 🙂

IMG_1634

I will forever honor and respect the men and women who live to fight against the evils of the world to protect my Country.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s