My dear sister Bess has graciously nominated my funny little blog for one in need of more recognition. Truly I’m touched and flattered beyond means of expression by her thoughtful gesture *blots tears*. :P Seriously though, I think this Liebster Award system is a very creative way for us lowly bloggers to poke around the wonderful world of blogging to meet new people, learn new things, and hopefully in the long run, make new friends. :D.. Ok, that was cheesy… but true nonetheless (note: isn’t it a wonder that ‘nonetheless’ is one word?)
-You must answer the 11 questions set by the blogger who nominated you
-You yourself then pick 11 blogs who in turn have under 200 followers
-You must think of 11 questions for the blogs you have picked and also tell them
-You must link back to the blog that nominated you
-Write 11 facts about yourself
*Clears throat* Let the Fun Begin!
Questions provided by Bessie, my nominator:
1. What inspired you to start your blog? The idea of having a clean organized place for my poems, thoughts and photos to be cataloged really appealed to me. And as a plus, being able to share my thoughts and poems, songs and photos is a nice way to keep me accountable.. not that I really have many viewers.. but the faithful few I have are well worth my dedication.
2. How long have you been blogging? My first post was technically late December, 2012.. but I started my blag in January 2013 as a fun new years resolution to really challenge myself to take into account the things that happened during the year so that during the times when I am feeling a little bland and lost I can reflect back on moment I’ve recorded and remember that all is not lost and that the truth regardless of how I feel is I am utterly and unmistakably blessed.
3. What motivates you to get things done? The daunting breath of failure looming over my head ignites every ounce of motivation I need to get almost anything done. I hate being lazy.
4. Do you have a favorite old movie? That question is almost as cruel as “Whats your favorite song?”!! It depends on my mood, the season, the time of day, and my frame of mind.. last night i watched ‘Call Northside 777′ starring my favorite actor, James Stewart, and I have to say that I pretty much adore him and everything he has done. <3
5. If you could be any fruit, which fruit would you be and why? Peach: Native to the south, and they are delicious.
6. What is an oddball fact about yourself? I’ve written many fan letters to movie stars I admire.. dead or alive.. I’m hopeless.
7. Why did you choose the name of your blog?The word Relish- (‘to take pleasure in; to like, to enjoy’), inspired the concept of savoring life: actually living the moments instead of constantly wishing time and circumstances away. That is the heart of my blog; to challenge myself to stop, pause, breath and thank God for the beauty in every moment.. even the stormy moment.
8. What is your favorite book? Close tie: Little Women and Howl’s Moving Castle.
9. What is your main goal for 2014? To do things that make my heart happy. To wean off of my addiction to working and MAKE time to do some things I WANT to do. YOLO! B-)
10. What color eyes do you have? Magenta. ;p
11. What is something that makes you really happy? Knowing that I have a purpose in life. Knowing that I have a great cause for living and making that belief evident in the way I speak of others, the way I carry myself and by the way I conduct my day to day, mundane life.
11 Facts About Me:
- .I’ve never had a McDonalds hamburger.
- I’m learning french to prepare myself to qualify for a job with Delta in case my BIGGER ambitions and aspirations fail..
- I would sleep in a hammock under the stars every night if I could.
- My eyes are not magenta, they’re very blue.
- I am a victim of a hereditary addiction to any living, fluffy animal (Persian cats, silki chickens, sheepdogs, angora bunnies… the list goes on).
- I abhor the flavor peanut butter and chocolate together. *gag*.
- I have the most precious, adorable and smartest niece and nephew in the world (no, I’m not bias, I’ve done my research and they really fit those qualifications ;P ).
- I have a very pathetic, chronic case of wanderlust. Incurable, really.
- I don’t like living above my means and celebrate being frugal, resourceful and thrifty.
- my family is larger than average.
- I believe that God accidentally put me here on earth a little too late in the time line. If I’d had a say in the matter, I would have suggested maybe 1910: just enough time to experience the roaring 20′s (my favorite) at a reasonable age, while still being young enough to enjoy the glamour of the 30′s (my other favorite ).. among other reasons.
Now, for my nominations.
The Vintage Home Sewist: This blog belongs to my oldest sister (the one responsible for my nomination). Here she records various projects from sewing, building, thrifting, and gardening. During baby goat season, she diligently records the status of her pregnant goats and shares with us her goat birthing experience(s), advice and of course, lots of irresistibly cute baby goatie pictures.
John’s Pet Basket: This blog belongs to my eight year old brother, although it was constructed (and last active) last year when he was seven. John affectionately calls himself a “Mad Scientist” and at the rate his love and curiosity for biology is growing, I’d say it won’t be long before he fulfills that title. He posts about his various reptilian pets and creatures that he has found in the yard.
Quiver Full, and then Some: My dad is a very good writer with some favorable aspects of a poet. Here he writes about his encounters he has with people (and animals) as a small animal vet. His love for hunting and the wonderful outdoors seeps into his posts from time to time.. especially these days, has he has been praying and pursing the hope of land ownership were he can segue from his small animal practice into a full time bird dog training with some veterinary camelid flourishes here and there.
Jennafifi: Jenny, my next youngest sister, writes about day to day craziness that goes on in the Barger house. She enjoys photography, almost every kind of crafting, and probably has one of the most creative senses of humor I’ve ever seen. While she has all of us in the family constantly laughing, she seldom expresses that quality of her personality to friends and acquaintances.. which really makes her jokes and silly mannerisms all the more genuine and richer for us.
The Art of UnNaming: Austin was the youth leader for my previous church. I have always though highly of him and really admire his honesty and dedication to teaching Biblical truth and principles vs. fun entertainment with a few “Christian” flourishes here and there. He taught with humility and patience and always held us accountable for staying faithful to God and His word. His blog is full of sound advice, and musings and thoughts branched out from his solid love for God and passion for pursuing the truth.
DayBreak English Setters: Technically, this is not a blog, but my mom’s English Setter breeding business page. Mom pours her heart into this site more then I’ve ever contributed to my own blog and I think you may enjoy all of the cute puppy videos and photos from various litters. As a plus: she has a page dedicated to Cozy Green Acres (our farm) with loads on photos from around the farm.
.. I hope I won’t be stretching the rules too thin here.. I’m afraid these are the only blogs I know and that qualify!
Questions for you, nominated bloggers!
1. What do you like about blogging?
2. What is an important aspect to your blog?
3. What are a few traits you’ve always wanted to learn?
4. Do you think you’d consider learning them/one of them (response to above question)?
5. What is your least favorite veggie and why?
6. What do you want to bring to this world?
7. Do you have a favorite life motto or encouraging quote?
8. What is your favorite form of exercise?
9. Pancakes or waffles?
10. Have you ever eaten a presimin?
11. Sun rise or a sun set?
This was fun.